Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Side Stories: GALA 2009

1. Anna Wintour chose not to have a place this year for Azzedine Aliaia. Weird considering the theme was MODELS and Alaia was infamously so close with the legendary models: Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, and Stephanie Seymour. Azzedine's feelings were so hurt that he wasn't invited to attend the gala and that his designs are not included in the exhibition last week. He requested the models not to wear the dresses he had made. He went on to tell press that Wintour has way too much power in the Gala and made a phone call to Marc Jacobs to vent.

“He’s very upset. Azzedine is a great friend of mine. I admire him so much… He’s had a huge influence on the way women are shaped, the way women look. I do think he’s one of the greatest influences. I’m really sad that he’s not part of this exhibition.” -Marc Jacobs

"Azzedine has made my dress for every single ball. I had a fitting in Paris. But then he called me over the weekend and asked me not to wear the dress. I will still make my donation to the Met, but I won’t be going.” -Stephanie Seymour

2. Jack MacCullough was in the hospital until 1PM today after he got head-butted by Kiefer Sutherland and broke his nose at an after party at SubMercer.

Photobucket